Wednesday, April 1, 2009

5K race for the whole family

On Saturday March 21st, 2009 Floyd Ian and I all ran the Foothills Dash 5K in Orting, WA. It was a foggy and cold morning but we were all in high spirits, Ian had been posting some good times during our regular runs so we were excited to see how he did. The race results are now in on the Pierce County Parks website and I'm attaching a link to that page so folks can check it out. A 5K for you non-runners is a little over 3 miles.

Ian came in 5th place in the 15 and under category with a time of 22:35 (mile pace 7:17)
Floyd was 5th in the 45-49 with a time of 24:00 (mile pace of 7:45)
Traci was 2nd place in the 40-45 with a time of 24:43 (mile pace of 7:58).

The course was completely flat so that is why the times are pretty good. I tried to attach the race results but for some reason this blog will not show the link. Maybe I will figure it out later.
http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/abtus/ourorg/parks/footdash-finals.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those times are super impressive. I'm honestly lucky to do a 13 minute mile these days, but I've enjoyed the couple 5Ks I've done. Was hoping to do some this summer, but the belly is getting to cumbersome, I think. Anyway, really cool that Ian's as into running as y'all are. What a great way to spend the day with the family!